Participation is open for all physicians worldwide with expertise on hepatitis delta treatment.
Patients with chronic hepatitis delta will be screened regardless of HDV or HBV genotype. Prospective and retrospective inclusion of patients is possible. There will be no limit in the number of patients recruited.
The primary objectives are:
- To characterize the morbidity and mortality of hepatitis delta patients
- To characterize the impact of therapy on the morbidity and mortality of hepatitis delta patients
Inclusion criteria of the patient registry:
- Positive HBs antigen and anti HDV for longer than 6 months.
- HDV RNA positive
- Signed informed consent or ethical approval of retrospective data entry
- Absence of any cause of relevant liver disease other than HDV (i.e. hemochromatosis, autoimmune hepatitis, alcoholic or toxic liver disease, etc.)
If you would like to contribute patients to our registry, please contact our administrative coordinator for further instructions. Upon request we can provide the following documents:
- Registry protocol
- Patient information template in German/English
- Informed consent template in German/English
- Ethics statement of Hannover Medical School (MHH)
- Participation Form